So Lynn over at Lynn’s Book Blog had a round of tag up today, and while I wasn’t tagged, she invited all who wanted to, to go ahead and play. And one of the psuedo New Year’s resolutions was to be more chatty.
FOUR NAMES THAT PEOPLE CALL ME (OTHER THAN MY REAL NAME)
- Sue – I dislike this name but my parents won’t use anything else, so I answer to it.
- Sus – My love uses this, usually in a half whisper in public when I am about to do something extremely embarrassing (or already have – like that time with the see-through skirt).
- Lily Fox – SCA name
- Lily Pox – Our SCA herald got it wrong, so now it is something of a joke. Of course, it sounds like a medieval prostitute who is past her prime.
FOUR JOBS THAT I HAVE HAD
- Nuclear waste packer – yep. Did that for several years. Swing shift, Friday night was the wildest.
- Pronghorn antelope spotter & counter – summer job that also qualified for my degree thesis.
- I read textbooks onto audio tape for the blind for several years in college. The calculus textbooks were the toughest.
- Safety incident investigator – fascinating job, but hardly anyone was ever glad to see me.
FOUR MOVIES I HAVE WATCHED MORE THAN ONCE
FOUR BOOKS I’D RECOMMEND
- Maplecroft by Cherie Priest
- The Iron Druid Chronicles by Kevin Hearne
- Kushiel’s Dart by Jacqueline Carey
- Leviathan Wakes by James S. A. Corey
FOUR PLACES I HAVE LIVED
- Bullhead, Arizona – the Mohave valley which is like the wicked sister to Death Valley. Very hot & dry desert.
- Atascadero, California – I think ‘atascadero’ means mudhole.
- Clinton, Illinois – for like 11 months. First place I ever had the wind knocked out of me.
- Carlsbad, New Mexico – home to the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant (where nuclear waste is stored). And vinegaroons.
FOUR PLACES I HAVE BEEN
- The national zoo at Washington, DC – there was a baby panda involved.
- The Atlanta zoo – there were pandas involved
- Kathmandu, Nepal – for a wedding.
- Juarez, Mexico – family occasion, so no donkey show.
FOUR PLACES I’D RATHER BE RIGHT NOW
- On Serenity with the crew from Firefly
- Terre D’Ange with Phedre and Josceline
- Medieval Sherwood Forest with my SCA shire
- Hogwarts, after the fall of Voldemorte
FOUR THINGS I DON’T EAT
- Canned asparagus – it’s all squishy and smells like pee!
- Melons – I have an allergy to them that makes my throat swell to the point I have trouble breathing
- Licorice – it tastes like fruit that has started to spoil
- Coriander – tastes very bitter to me, like a poison (yep, I have the coriander-hating gene)
FOUR OF MY FAVORITE FOODS
- Vanilla ice cream with nuts, honey, and a dash of salt
- Home made spaghetti sauce with home made garlic bread
- Chicken mole tacos – the Mexican mole sauce, not the fuzzy underground tunnelers.
- Fried squash blossoms
FOUR TV SHOWS THAT I’VE WATCHED…
- Battlestar Galactica
- House of Cards
- Sons of Anarchy
- Peaky Blinders
FOUR THINGS THAT I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS YEAR (THE NEXT 12 MONTHS)
- Bubonicon 2015
- Rag Rug Festival
- Santa Fe Renaissance Fest
- Halloween 2015
FOUR THINGS I AM ALWAYS SAYING
- Fucking A! (I think the ‘A’ is a Canadian thing – and I blame my Canadian husband for expanding my vocabulary) – Said when some farm beastie gives me a bruise
- Piss off! – Said to farm beastie to get it to step off my foot
- Dude, move! – Said to cat or dog when they step in front of me while I carry in a large load of firewood
- A la ve! (which is short for ‘a la verrga’ which is a very naughty phrase in the local Hispanic dialect). Said to humans when they share something surprising or messed up.
FOUR PEOPLE I TAG
Uh, well, I hate tagging people. I don’t want folks to feel obligated to play if they have something better to do, or have a real life. Of course, I wouldn’t mind if some folks wanted to play, like David Lee Summers or Liesel from Musings on Fantasia or Anya from On Starships and Dragonwings or Andrea from Little Red Reviewer or Grace from Books Without Any Pictures. And anyone is welcome to jump in and have fun with this, even in the comments. If you do a full post, let me know and I will swing by and share it on my social media and leave charming (or snarky) remarks.