The Elvenbane Read Along: The Schedule

Tofu waiting on the headboard for some unsuspecting human to fall asleep.

Tofu waiting on the headboard for some unsuspecting human to fall asleep.

sj of Snobbery and I are teeming up to read The Elvenbane, Book 1 of the Halfblood Chronicles, by two of the greats of Fantasy, Andre Norton and Mercedes Lackey. Now both of us have read this before; for me, it has been…er…maybe 2 decades, so I have forgotten a good amount. I do remember really enjoying it. Here is a little blurb about it from goodreads:

This is the story of Shana, a halfbreed born of the forbidden union of an Elvenlord father and a human mother. Her exiled mother dead, she was rescued and raised by dragons, a proud, ancient race who existed unbeknownst to elven or humankind. From birth, Shana was the embodiment of the Prophecy that the all-powerful Elvenlords feared. Her destiny is the enthralling adventure of a lifetime.

Here is the schedule we worked out:

The Elvenbane 566 pages (trade paperback)
First Post March 15 Chapters 1-6 (154 pages) dab of darkness
Second Post March 22 Chapters 7-13 (150 pages) snobbery
Third Post March 29 Chapters 14-18 (118 pages) dod
Fourth Post April 5 Chapters 19-END (144 pages) snobbery

Would you like to join us? Perhaps get the discussion questions a day or two ahead? Well leave a comments below or shoot me an email (nrlymrtl at gmail dot com).

About these ads

14 thoughts on “The Elvenbane Read Along: The Schedule

1. TBM says:

Unfortunately I won’t be able to join, but I look forward to the discussions. Have fun!

2. Tony Bird says:

I just listened to this on audiobook a couple weeks ago. I’m not quite ready for a reread so soon, but I hope you all enjoy! I have the third book in the series waiting for me to have time for sitting down and reading.

3. Redhead says:

ya’ll are read-along MACHINES!!

4. sj says:

Yay, I’m really looking forward to this!

Oh, go on: sign me up! :)

6. weftwaif says:

Sounds like good fun! Please send me the discussion questions. Just got the book from Amazon so am ready to read. Greatly annoyed that I had to buy a real book because there is no Kindle edition–but I’ll get over it.

Excellent! So glad to have you join us. Discussion questions will be emailed out a few days before each of the posts go up. I’m also on a real paperbook as the library doesn’t have an audioversion (which I thought would be fun).

7. [...] If any of you are interested in playing along and want to catch up, you can find our reading schedule here. [...]

8. [...] We still have one section left, so it’s not too late to join in!  You can find the schedule and whatnot over at Dab of Darkness by clicking here. [...]